Construction Update August 18, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: Shuttle services will drop off all congregants at door 6 for convenience to both worship spaces.
Construction Update August 17, 2017
Construction progress is being made daily and it is hard to miss all the work going on around us. While at times it can be inconvenient, please stick with us through the dust—it is an exciting time to be part of this ministry! Just imagine the thousands of people with whom we will be able to share the life-changing love of Christ in the season ahead.
As construction progress remains fluid and ever-changing, we wanted to share some updates with you that will help you navigate this weekend and the coming weeks:
- The south parking lot along York Road will be closed effective Monday, August 21, 2017. Our hope is to open the newly completed lot around the end of October. Please start using the 31st Street entrance.
- Shuttle services will start this weekend, August 19/20, taking congregants in the west parking lot (along 31st Street) and at Butler School (2801 York Road), directly to door 6.
- A new pathway will be accessible from the west parking lot directly to door 2.
Construction Update August 11, 2017
It is hard to miss all the work going on around us. You might be curious about what is going on behind the fabric of the fencing, so here are a few highlights:
- Parking lots 2 and 3, south of the church on York Road, have been cleared and leveled and should be completed by Labor Day.
- Our new South Pond is coming along. The retaining walls are three-quarters complete and work on the final wall is underway.
- The foundation walls for the new contemporary worship auditorium are nearly complete. If you look closely you can already see the lower level!
Building Closed Monday, August 14, 6:00 am to 12:00 pm
As we prepare our campus for long-term vitality and impact, we may have strategic building closures from time to time on various weekdays to ensure the convenience and safety of our church family. This will be the case on Monday, August 14 from 7:00 am until 12:00 pm. The building will be opened for the afternoon and evening.
Construction Update July 19, 2017
Changes are happening quickly at Christ Church! Below are some photos of the progress. As you can see, the foundation has been set for the Contemporary Worship Auditorium and the retention pond on the west side of the parking lot.
Additionally, the parking has seen some shifts as new entrances have been opened. The east entrance on 31st Street is partially opened for Sundays for those exiting to the east. The new west entrance from 31st Street is paved and opened with an additional exit headed west.
Construction Update June 28, 2017
Our construction team is working hard to minimize congestion and maximize work to complete more milestones! This week we are thrilled to share foundations have been set for our Contemporary Worship Auditorium and, if you look closely at the photos or peek through the fabric on the construction fence on your way into church, you will see the footprint of the building! Here are a few other items that will help you navigate the upcoming weekend:
- Please start entering the parking lot whenever possible through our new "all-way" entrance on 31st Street in the west lot to help us minimize congestion. With the entrance off of York Road in our south lot now closed and an additional row of parking sectioned off, this will be the most convenient way for you to navigate and find parking more quickly.
- The building will be CLOSED Monday, July 3, 2017 until 12:00 pm. It will open at noon, but please check with your groups to ensure you will still meet on this day.
Construction Update June 12, 2017
Exciting updates have been made over the past few weeks! A new entrance was opened in the west parking lot along 31st Street with a second entrance coming in the next few weeks, making parking and pathways to the building more accessible, and the south pond is nearly complete. Please be sure to review the diagram below for updated closures marked by construction fencing and pedestrian walkways to help you access the building. In the coming weeks we will begin to see:
- Construction of retaining walls in south pond
- Closure of east entrance on 31st street to all traffic except construction
- Relocation of existing sump pump and sanitary line
- Commencement of foundation underpinning for new auditorium
Construction Update May 24, 2017
Over the past few weeks, some significant changes have been made to the building and parking lot entrances to the church. These changes include closure of the west entrance to the West Parking Lot off of 31st Street and closure of Door 1. In addition, fences have been moved around due to the expansion of construction areas and the installation of retaining walls around the South Pond.
Please check out the images below for current section closures as well as new walkways that have been added to help all of our congregants get to and from the building easily and safely. Check back here or on signage around the building throughout construction for regular updates. Please note the legend on the top left of the image to help you identify what you are looking at.
Pardon Our Dust! Construction is under way.
While we officially commence construction following our April 30 groundbreaking ceremony, as you join us this weekend you will notice the beginning stages of our 18-month journey to substantially expand our parking lots and add a brand new contemporary worship auditorium among other improvements. Please bear with us through accessibility and parking changes, and know we are on this journey together to root our lives more deeply in Christ for the sake of others. Please make note of the following:
Construction fencing is erected on all parts of the site
Both the south and west parking lots will remain accessible for now
We will maintain entrance and exits off of both 31st street and York road for the time being
Dewatering of the pond closest to 31st street has begun
Work on our new sewer line will start the week of April 24
Because of the construction fencing, please proceed slower than usual and watch for road signs around the site
Our Campus Assurance and Safety Team (CAST) members will be in all parking lots with orange vests to ensure safety and help direct traffic
CONSTRUCTION TO COMMENCE FOLLOWING GROUNDBREAKING
Over the next few weeks, you will begin to notice the mobilization of our contractors onsite with fencing put up in the west parking lot to prepare us for the beginning of our construction efforts. We will continue to post updates on this site throughout construction, so please check back often for the latest information.
Starting April 30, for the groundbreaking ceremony, the Choir Parking Lot and the sidewalk from that lot to Door 1 will be closed until the completion of our new addition. Following our groundbreaking, Door 1 and our Narthex will be closing on Monday, May 1. There will be convenient pathways from the Commons to the Sanctuary to ensure all of our church family has continuous access to our traditional Classic services. Accessibility for all ages, stages, and abilities will be available.
Take Part in Our History
Join us for a Take Root Ceremonial Groundbreaking
Join us for the Take Root groundbreaking on April 30 as we celebrate this defining moment in our history! Hear a word of dedication from Senior Pastor Dan Meyer and join us in prayer for the season ahead. The groundbreaking ceremony will be held in the choir parking lot from 10:15 to 10:35 am. Be sure to wear your Take Root t-shirts to help us celebrate this milestone!
As we start site work in the coming weeks, select staff will have to temporarily relocate their offices. Please be sure to check digital signage weekly to find out where they are located or feel free to check in with the front desk.