two year goal | Giving To Date
Africa initiative Update
record-breaking first big give
We are excited to share that we made history once again the week of November 25/26 with our first big give to Take Root! Through the grace of God and the generosity of our church family, we had a record weekly offering of $1.05 million. Please join us in praising God for his amazing vision for us to root our lives more deeply in Christ for the sake of others.
Through the generosity of God’s Spirit at work in the life and heart of Christ Church, we have just made the largest single commitment in the history of any American church our size. That is just awe-inspiring!
In addition to reaching our primary Take Root goal of rooting our lives more deeply in Christ for the sake of others, we have committed more than $40,691,539.05 over the next two years to:
- Establishing two new branches of Christ Church out in the communities around us
- Investing more deeply along the Roosevelt Road corridor and other local mission partners
- Helping with community development and evangelism in Africa
- Expanding the number of seats for people to come and join us for worship and fellowship
- Recovering the use of our fellowship hall
- Expanding accessibility for people with mobility challenges
- And so much more!
One Evening Made A Lifetime Of Impact
It is not every day that we ask our church family to attend worship in a tent. Stranger still, we held this service during game three of the Chicago Cubs playing a home game in the World Series! Yet, more than 600 of our leaders, volunteers, and our entire church staff came together on October 28 for a very pointed purpose—to lead out in their commitment to Take Root. If you were here, you felt God’s vision moving in and through each of us as we worshiped together, heard stories of transformation, and listened to a profound message from Rev. Dr. Dan Meyer.